As a participant, you are welcome to come over and link up posts or projects that you have completed during the month that you consider positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. Additionally, even if a project may qualify as positive, if your post promotes negativity, hatred or anything of an abhorrent nature, your project will be disqualified.
If you choose to do a project, ideas may include:
- digital design
- mixed media
- etc.--the ideas are as boundless as your imagination
You may choose to just write an inspirational post instead:
- you might not have any type of project at all but just have something positive or inspirational to share with your readers which is perfectly fine too.
- maybe the project you have is a simple happy birthday card but the story behind it might be prove to be about an incredible journey of accomplishment.
In June 2013, the Path of Positivity went from Anything Goes to having monthly themes. Then in January 2017, we went to an optional theme each month for anyone wanting a chance to be chosen as the Most Inspirational each challenge. As of January 2019, participants no longer need to follow the optional twist. We will still be keeping an optional twist but it is strictly for fun or as a way to stretch yourself as a designer. Now since this isn't your typical challenge blog, we don't have typical twists either.
Twists are based on concepts and/or feelings. Some of the themes we have had in the past have included ideas such as:
- growth, etc.
- We spent all of 2018 exploring the concept of colour!
- Given how 2020 altered the entire world, our focus for 2021 was exploring different ways to bring more positivity into our lives.
- For 2022, our goal for the year is to celebrate the positive around us.
Anything that you'd like to share of a positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging nature is acceptable!
The whole idea is for us to create a Path of Positivity for people to follow to bring sunshine to our corner of the blogging world. As long as it is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature, it qualifies. Just link up and be ready to receive guests. People participating are encouraged to come back throughout the month and visit others on the list, leaving comments along the way.
Now for those of you submitting projects, some of you may think that you must write something positive or inspirational to go along with the card you are submitting. YOU DON'T NEED TO! You don't have to have an inspirational card AND an inspirational post. One or the other is fine. Though it would be awesome if you could provide a sentence or two, letting us know how your project speaks to positivity. We always enjoy reading how walking a positive path influences the lives of our participants.
Also, please provide links to your OWN work. If you've gone to someone else's blog and found something inspirational that you think would be great for this challenge, leave a comment for that person or email them and invite them over here to link up themselves.
The challenge will be open from the first Monday of one month to the Sunday before the first Monday of the next month. You can find a schedule of our posts up at the top under the tab "Month-at-a-Glance" or by clicking HERE.
- No back linking. New creations only.
- The challenge blog address must be mentioned in your post. We would also love for you to include an actual link back to the Path of Positivity Challenge blog. If you don't know how to create a hyperlink, we can help you with that.
- You must link directly to your post with your entry NOT to your whole blog.
- As of January 1st, 2019, entries are limited to a total of SEVEN.
- I reserve the right to remove or disqualify any entry that does not meet the concept of the challenge or rules.
- Please, consider turning off word verification. Word verification is time consuming and when you have it on it takes everyone longer to leave a little love and unfortunately I and I'm sure the other participants visiting do not have the extra time to spare. So please turn off word verification if you want us to leave a comment. I hope that you understand. Oh and please understand that I have a tiny team and that means each team member has to leave a number of comments so it might take them a while to get to your post to leave one.
Your opinion is very important.
Each month top picks will be chosen by the design team. We would love for you to come over and vote on the project that you feel best showcases positivity each month. The person that receives the most votes will receive a special badge as the Voter's Choice. You only have one opportunity to vote so use it wisely after considering all the creations listed.
Well my hope would be that you'd participate just for the sake of bringing a smile to someone's face and sharing your own positive vibe with others but for those who need a little extra motivation there will be a sponsored prize each month. For 2022, Scribbles Designs, our ongoing sponsor will provide $6 worth of images for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants. Also, a badge will be offered up for the following honours: Top Pick, Voter's Choice, Most Inspirational, Random Winner, DT Delight.
In order to be considered eligible for the prize or honours each challenge, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. Keep in mind though, that even if a project may qualify as positive, if your post
promotes negativity, hatred or anything of an abhorrent nature, your
project will be disqualified.
We've been at it for a while now; however, I still consider us a work in progress and as such there may be changes from time to time. You'll always be notified in a post when that happens.
I've created a special badge that I have put at the top of the right sidebar. If you would like to help spread the word and let others know of the challenge, please take a copy of this badge. Just link it up to the Path of Positivity Challenge blog address when you put it in your own sidebar. Hopefully, this will help to spread the word and encourage people to link up.
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approximately one month. The challenge will be open from the first Monday of one month to the Sunday before the first Monday of the next month.
- Entries must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. Additionally, even if a project may qualify as positive, if your post promotes negativity, hatred or anything of an abhorrent nature, your project will be disqualified.
- Link up your inspirational post on the current challenge page using the link up at the bottom of the post. You will be able to submit your link up to 11:59 p.m. EST on the final day.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- Top Picks will be chosen by the entire Design Team (DT) and will be posted in a separate post. Participants chosen as a Top Pick will receive a special badge. You will then have one full week to vote on your favourite creation. The entry that receives the most votes will be named our Voter's Choice and will receive a personalized badge.
- DT members will also submit choices for the project they feel is most inspirational during each challenge. The person chosen as our Most Inspirational will receive a personalized badge.
- There will be a prize for a random draw of ALL qualifying entrants.
- Team members will also be choosing their favourite project each month. Each person chosen as a DT Delight will receive a personalized badge.
- The honours and/or prize may change so be sure to check out each challenge for details.