As a participant, you are welcome to come over and link up posts or projects that you have completed during the week that you consider positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. To be eligible to receive the prize for Most Inspirational, you must also follow the optional monthly theme.
Projects OR Posts--Either Are Fine
If you choose to do a project, ideas may include:
- digital design
- mixed media
- etc.--the ideas are as boundless as your imagination
You may choose to just write an inspirational post instead:
- you might not have any type of project at all but just have something positive or inspirational to share with your readers which is perfectly fine too.
- maybe the project you have is a simple happy birthday card but the story behind it might be prove to be about an incredible journey of accomplishment.
Themes that will Stretch You
In June 2013, the Path of Positivity went from Anything Goes to having monthly themes. Then starting in January 2017, we went to an optional theme each month. Anyone who wants a chance to be chosen as the Most Inspirational must follow the optional theme. Now since this isn't your typical challenge blog, we don't have typical themes either.
Themes are based on concepts and/or feelings. Some of the themes we have had in the past have included ideas such as:
- growth, etc.
Anything that you'd like to share of a positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging nature is acceptable!
The whole idea is for us to create a Path of Positivity for people to follow to bring sunshine to our corner of the blogging world. As long as it is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature, it qualifies. However, remember that you will also need to follow the optional theme IF you want a chance to win the Most Inspirational prize. Just link up and be ready to receive guests. People participating are encouraged to come back throughout the month and visit others on the list, leaving comments along the way. Please note though that if I go to your blog and find just a regular birthday card/post or something along those lines, unless there is an inspirational story attached, your entry will be disqualified. There must be an inspirational or motivational vibe to the creation or post.
Now for those of you submitting projects, some of you may think that you must write something positive or inspirational to go along with the card you are submitting. YOU DON'T NEED TO! You don't have to have an inspirational card AND an inspirational post. One or the other is fine. However, we do ask that if you follow the optional theme, to please let us know how your creation relates to the concept if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or clearly written somewhere else in your post. While you may easily see how the theme relates to your creation, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members. That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here in this blog in a comment on the challenge post or in your own blogpost. You can simply write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to where you include the link up for this challenge, if it would be easier. We just need to know how your project ties into the theme. Letting us know, clears up any ambiguity that may exist.
Also, please provide links to your own work. If you've gone to someone else's blog and found something inspirational that you think would be great for this challenge, leave a comment for that person or email them and invite them over here to link up themselves.
Each Path of Positivity challenge will
remain open for roughly a month.
The challenge will be open from the first Monday of one month to the Sunday before the first Monday of the next month. You can find a schedule of our posts up at the top under the tab "Month-at-a-Glance" or by clicking HERE.
- No back linking. New creations only.
- The challenge blog address must be mentioned in your post. We would also love for you to include an actual link back to the Path of Positivity Challenge blog. If you don't know how to create a hyperlink, we can help you with that.
- You must link directly to your post with your entry NOT to your whole blog.
- As of July 7th, 2014, entries are limited to a total of three.
- I reserve the right to remove or disqualify any entry that does not meet the concept of the challenge or rules.
- Please, consider turning off word verification. Word verification is time consuming and when you have it on it takes everyone longer to leave a little love and unfortunately I and I'm sure the other participants visiting do not have the extra time to spare. So please turn off word verification if you want us to leave a comment. I hope that you understand.
Your opinion is very important.
Each month top picks will be chosen by the design team. We would love for you to come over and vote on the project that you feel best showcases the theme each month. The person that receives the most votes will receive a special badge as the Voter's Choice. You only have one opportunity to vote so use it wisely after considering all the creations listed.
What is the incentive for participating you ask?
Well my hope would be that you'd participate just for the sake of bringing a smile to someone's face and sharing your own positive vibe with others but for those who need a little extra motivation there will be sponsored prizes each month. We are very lucky and grateful to have two ongoing sponsors and a number of guest sponsors. You can find out who they are by checking out the 'Sponsors & Prize Information' tab at the top of the page. I will also be offering up a free sentiment related to the month's theme at the start and midway of each challenge.
In order to be considered eligible for the prizes each month, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You don't need to follow the optional theme if you simply want to have a chance at the Random Draw prize from one of our sponsors during the month. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win the prize for Most Inspirational creation, provided by the second sponsor during the challenge.
If any of you designers out there would like to support this unique new challenge, I am always looking for interested sponsors. Please contact me if this challenge is something you'd like to be part of. Click HERE to email me or simply leave a comment with your contact info and I'll be in touch.
Work In Progress!
We've been at it for a while now; however, I still consider us a work in progress and as such there may be changes from time to time. You'll always be notified in a post when that happens.
Help To Spread the Word!
I've created a special badge that I have put at the top of the right sidebar. If you would like to help spread the word and let others know of the challenge, please take a copy of this badge. Just link it up to the Path of Positivity Challenge blog address when you put it in your own sidebar. Hopefully, this will help to spread the word and encourage people to linkup.
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approximately one month. The challenge will be open from the first Monday of one month to the Sunday before the first Monday of the next month.
- Entries must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. To be eligible to receive the prize for Most Inspirational, you must also follow the optional monthly theme.
- Link up your inspirational post on the current challenge page using the link up at the bottom of the post. You will be able to submit your link up to 11:59 p.m. on the final day.
- If you follow the optional theme, please let us know how your creation relates to the concept if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or clearly written somewhere else in your post.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- Top Picks will be chosen by the entire Design Team (DT) and will be posted in a separate post. You will then have one full week to vote on your favourite creation.
- As of July 7, 2014, there will be a prize for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch, and a prize for a random draw of ALL entrants. Each person chosen as a DT Delight will also earn one image from one of our regular sponsors. These prizes may change around so be sure to check out each challenge for details.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.