As I mentioned in the Winner's Post last week, I've made a few changes to the challenge to make things a little more efficient. I've updated the Challenge Details tab with this information but am including it here again for those of you who have already been participating with us and may not think to check this information since it has only been a couple months since the challenge began.
First off, I have decided to implement the concept of themes into each monthly challenge, starting right now with the month of June. Since this isn't your typical challenge blog, they won't be your typical themes either. Themes for future months for either project or post MAY include ideas such as:
For this month the theme will be STRENGTH. There will be lots of different ways to approach this theme and I am anxious to see what all of you come up with. Throughout the month, it is my goal to provide you with a couple of different projects to help inspire you. This week I have chosen to create a card using an image from this month's Guest Sponsor, Scribbles Designs.
Looking for a unique image or sentiment? Well then! Head on over to Scribbles Designs and check out Sandy's world of her funky imagination and quirky characters. Sandy has loved art, drawing, water coloring and doodling for many years... and with the digital image world she can now share it with all of you. Brrr (Penguin) was her first main character and her other quirky images followed not long after. We hope you enjoy the endearing images available in the store and add Sandy's images to your digital stamp collections.
I used the fabulous image called Valentine Brrr-loon which you can find in the Scribbles Design Store HERE. If you are interested in learning about any of the details regarding my project you can find them on my personal blog, by going HERE.
There are also some changes regarding the voting process. For the first two challenges, voting was open to allow you the opportunity to choose your favourite from the entire group of entrants. However, starting this month, that will change. After some careful consideration, I believe that as the challenge grows, people will not have the time to visit all the blogs listed and unless something catches a person's eye, some really great inspirational posts or projects may get overlooked. Therefore, once the June challenge is over, the top seven entries will be chosen by myself for the month of June and hopefully by the entire Design Team (once it has been established) each month afterwards. You will then have the opportunity to vote for your favourite among the seven posts or projects posted. I hope that these changes will make for a better voting experience. So once again, there will be overlap between choosing the winners from one challenge to the start of the next. Hopefully, you will pick up the swing of things in no time at all. As always, you only have one opportunity to vote so use it wisely after considering all the creations listed.
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself , you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from June 3rd to June 30th.
- Link up your inspirational post below using Inlinkz. You will be able to submit your link up to 11:59 p.m. on June 30th.
- When you link up, leave a comment summarizing what it is about your post that you feel is inspirational / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme if it is not obvious.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top seven have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing the top seven. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen seven. Be sure to leave a comment telling us what it was that inspired you or something in general if you uncomfortable disclosing any details of your vote.
- This month, prizes will be the following:
- Ten digital images from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for the person out of the top seven who receives the most votes during voting week.
- Three digital images from Ike's World for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- Three images from Scribbles Designs, this month's guest sponsor for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
GENEROUSLY SPONSORED BY...
Please show your support to our fabulous sponsors by going over and checking out their work and saying hi if you have the chance. In addition to Scribbles Designs, our guest sponsor for the month, we also have our regular sponsors:
That is me and I'd love for you to visit me
on my personal blog.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON STRENGTH
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below.
Now if you are unfamilar with the sentiments I offer, I often present them in a couple different options. The first above is the whole quote together, and the second option is as two separate pieces so that you have the choice of splitting up the quote and using part of it on the front of a card and the remainder inside.
Now the font sizes remain consistent for all versions although sometimes when I upload them and make them smaller over here the front and inside pieces may look like different sizes. The other thing that you will notice is that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Inlinkz collection begins below: