Sunday, March 30, 2014

Design Team Delights for Challenge #11

It is the last Sunday of the month, and while normally this post would go out the day before the next challenge starts, this month has five Mondays in it so I've decided to post it now.  Hope that doesn't confuse anyone.

With that being said, it is time for my Design Team to share their favourite entries for Challenge #11.  As always, in each challenge you, the readers, get to voice your opinion by voting for your favourite and so it is only fitting that my Design Team get to do so as well. 

Thanks to everyone who took the time to join along our Path during the month of February for Challenge #11.   While it is always a difficult decision, each team member managed to find a particular entry that really caught their attention.  Take a look...  
Jen--chosen by Pat...
This is what Pat had to say:
"My choice is Jen, who wrote:"
"This little canvas started out its life as a paint by numbers painting project for a child - I bought it only because I wanted the cute little easel that it came with…”
"I love how her mixed media canvas makeover came out-the whites and pearls and shine all blend together to create a beautiful canvas." 

To see the details of Jen's card and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Jose--chosen by Monica and Suze...
Here is what Monica had to say:
"I love vintage cards and this one has great layers and images. Just an overall great "LOVE" card."
 
Suze had this to say:
"I love how this card has such a timeless feel to it - as though it has been in a box of treasured items for many many years."
 
To see Jose's card, click HERE.
Lynne--chosen by Sandy and Vicky...
Vicky had this to say:
"My DT delight would be Scrapbook Lynne Mizera for something she said in her post": 
"...But something Lynn posted on the Challenge YOUrself site resonated with me... that it's NOT about what WE think we look like, it's about how our family and loved ones see us at that particular moment in time... and I  know my loved ones don't seem to see me through the same critical eyes I  seem to see myself with..."
"To me this is most profound and really touches me because I always judge myself when looking in the mirror... and I probably don't love myself the way I should... and yes we should really look at ourselves with the eyes of love that other people use for us." 
 
Sandy was moved by the same passage as Vicky and had this to add:
"Lynne's statement resonates so boldly with myself and I’m sure many others.  For her to ‘see’ past that and embrace herself – that is awesome."

To see the details of Lynne's scrapbook page and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Gloria--chosen by Desíre...
Here is what Desíre had to say:
"My design team delight choice is a card created by Gloria.  It is just such a beautiful card with wonderful detail inside and out and it reflects her love for her granddaughter who is turning 18." 
 
To see the details of Gloria's card and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Susan--chosen by Lynda...
Lynda had this to say:
"My DT Delight is Susan's wonderful card using that adorable image featuring two cats that are for sure in love.  I really like the depth she got by printing the images twice and popping one up.  These critters really showcase the bond of love that can be had between our furry friends."

 To see the details of Susan's card and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
 
D~ --chosen by Lisa (that's me)...
My pick is for a card that almost made it into our top seven.  To me this is just a cool card.  There is something about it that really calls out to me.  I love the staggered hearts on the front and what a cool idea to just emboss the edge of the inside where it overlaps.  D~ has definitely inspired me to try this idea out in a future card of my own.

To see the details of D~'s card and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.

 Creative Congratulations to all of you!

Thank you to everyone who played on our Pathway during the month of February.  As always we greatly appreciate you sharing your incredible talents with us.  Now if you were chosen as a DT Delight, then we have a special treat for you.   Not only are you eligible for a special DT Delight badge, we will also be having a draw at the end of our first year for a special package of digital goodies.  So, if you are chosen as a DT Delight during any of our challenges, your name will be entered into the draw.  You get one entry per choice; so, if two members picked your card, you will earn 2 entries, three members 3 entries, etc.  The draw will take place around the anniversary of when the Path of Positivity came into existence which will put the draw date sometime in April 2014.  The winner at the time will be notified by email.  In the interim you are more than welcome to copy your framed card above and add it to your blog to share with all your readers; and, don't forget to email me at popwinners {at} gmail {dot} com (be sure to replace at and dot with the appropriate symbols) or by clicking HERE to bring the address up in your email program, for a copy of the special Challenge #11 DT Delight Badge.  I'm always running a bit behind these days, so your patience is appreciated.

Thank you for stopping by today.  We will be back next Monday, April 7th to start Challenge #13.  We hope that you will join us then to learn what the newest theme will be.


5 comments:

D- said...

Thank you so much Lisa for the DT Delight honor.
Congrats everyone.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Pat said...

It was so difficult to choose just one this month-so many gorgeous and creative entries! Keep them coming!

Donna Ellis said...

Congratulations, winners! Wonderful write ups and inspirational artwork! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Lynda for choosing my card!!! :) That means the world to me!! Thank you :)

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Thanks Desire! I just saw this tonight. I really appreciate your comment and your thoughtfulness for choosing my card. Have a fabulous day! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com