Friday, May 09, 2014

Ponderings Along the Pathway...WISDOM

Welcome to this month's edition of Ponderings Along the Pathway, an exclusive feature over here on the Path of Positivity.  The purpose of this column is to continue with the goal of this blog which is to create a space "designed to inspire, nurture and provide support for the soul by creating a positive path to follow, one project or post at a time".  Providing some motivational introspection on the themes we cover each challenge period, is one way of achieving this goal.

This month it is all about WISDOM and PAT is here to share her thoughts on the subject...


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference...

    -From the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr

Wisdom is not just about being smart, nor is it about having all the answers.  It is determining what to do with what you know, what you’ve learned from your experiences and what your gut feelings are telling you. Knowing what is coming is not enough -- you must anticipate the consequences as well.  Knowing what must be done is only the beginning- you must have the courage and determination to do it.

Some people are math whizzes, some write eloquently, and some have lightning-fast reasoning. Not all these people are wise, but I think they can be.  I think wisdom is another path in our own self-discovery. Learning from mistakes and applying knowledge with experience are stepping stones to becoming wiser.  Patience, responsibility and experimentation are the wildflowers that make our paths sweet-smelling and colorful.  I think we can all be wise if we let ourselves wander up this path. I’d love to find you there waiting for me when I finish my course. If I don’t, no worries-- I’ll wait for you!


 
Please be sure to pop over to Pat's personal blog, Patacake Pages, for more inspiration.  That is it for today but please be sure to stop by on Monday when we showcase the top seven for Challenge #13 and open the voting up to you.

May you always be guided by wisdom. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: