This month it is all about HAPPINESS and PAT is here to share her thoughts on the subject...
The more I read, the more I like the Buddhist way of living (and my family appreciates the break in “improvements”). I really think that by striving toward a peaceful, positive life, happiness will just come naturally.
Here are some great tips for achieving happiness no matter who you are or where you live:
- Spend time with nice people who reflect the person you would like to be. Choose friends who make your day a little brighter just by being in it. Weed out those who use or neglect you; let them go without regret and what you’ll have left are people you can count on.
- Everyone deserves kindness. Treat everyone with the same level of respect and patience as you would like to be treated yourself. Be happy for them; cheer them on; be thankful for their blessings. Appreciate the possibility of new relationships; they might just change your life forever.
- Find the courage to be yourself. You are not perfect for everyone, but you are perfect for those who love you for who you are.
- Let go of resentment. Forgiveness isn’t accepting hurtful behavior but facing the hurt and not letting it ruin your life.
- Arguments don’t have to end with someone winning and someone losing; no matter what you say, there will always be a person who thinks differently. Let it go.
- And finally, doing little things for others can make big differences in their lives and yours. You’ll be so busy making others happy that karma will bring it right back to you!
Please be sure to pop over to Pat's personal blog, Patacake Pages, for more inspiration. That is it for today but please be sure to stop by on Monday when it is time to open the voting up to you for Challenge #14.
May happiness ever be a companion with you on your own personal pathway. Have a great weekend everyone!