Courage comes in many different forms. It can come roaring in to save the day like a person running into a burning building or an individual who intervenes during a robbery. Or it can be much more subtle like doing something for yourself for the very first time. How do you embrace courage? How do you reward courage that you see in others? Now would be the perfect chance to create a card for someone letting them know just how courageous you think they are.
Don't forget when you link up your project and/or post, to please leave a comment letting us know how your creation relates to the concept of courage if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or clearly written somewhere else in your post. Remember, the creation must be positive/inspirational/motivational AND adhere to the theme of courage in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes. While you may easily see how courage relates to your creation, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members. That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here or in your blogpost. This way it clears up any ambiguity that may exist.
This month's sponsor...It is time to meet our guest sponsor for this month. We are pleased to once again welcome Sparkle N Sprinkle as our sponsor this month. Here is a refresher of what they are all about...
Sparkle N Sprinkle is a small company with a big heart owned and operated by Margaret Myers. SNS specializes in hand-mixed embossing powders and glitters. Our quality, deeply etched rubber stamps are closely cropped on Cling Mount Cushion ready for your acrylic block. Produced in our local Shoppe in Ruskin, Florida, the stamps are already indexed on a laminated color storage sheet for your convenience. SNS sells a variety of other paper crafting tools and products, including a new line of digital stamps and many other exclusive products. You can find Sparkle N Sprinkle on line at: http://sparklensprinkle.com
Before I get into the DT projects, I wanted to let you know that we are having an additional prize this month. In addition to the regular prize for our Most Inspiring pick and our prize for a random winner, we will be offering up a third prize for a special card. In honour of breast cancer awareness month, if anyone creates a card for a breast cancer survivor using the theme of courage (it must be obvious), that person's name will go into a draw for an extra prize. It must be clearly written somewhere in your post that the card is indeed for a breast cancer survivor and it must be very clear that the theme is about courage. While there will be lots of cards made this month to honour the BCA theme at other blogs, we are specifically looking for a card emphasising courage.
Now it is time to check out what the DT has created. Normally, just before listing the projects, I would list the images that we got to work with. However, Sparkle N Sprinkle has very generously allowed the DT to pick whatever image they wanted to work with. Therefore, I'll provide the image watermark and store link under each project to keep things organized.
Desíre chose to work with the set called A Little Note.
Monica decided to work with the beautiful image called Catherine Hat Lady.
Muddy Paws, Inky Fingers, as our guest designer this month...
My name is Julie Odil, and I am thrilled to be guest designing for the Path of Positivity Challenge blog. What an honor! I just love this challenge blog and the philosophy behind it that guest designing this month brings me great joy!Here is the wonderful card she came up with...
I’ve always been creative – I play many instruments, like to write, and have been crafty my whole life. I began scrapbooking about 8 years ago and cardmaking about 4 years ago, but things really took off when I began my blog about 2 1/2 years ago. It was a life changing experience. I can’t believe how much fun I’ve had and how many friends I’ve made through my blog. I’d love it if you’d stop by for a visit: http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com
To find more details about this card, or to see what else I’ve been creating, please visit my blog.
Julie also chose to work with the lovely Chickadees image (watermark and link available above).
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive AND relates to courage, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back on Monday, October 13th when voting will start on the Top Picks for Challenge #18.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON COURAGE
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from October 6 - November 2, 2014.
- Link up your inspirational post below using Inlinkz. You will be able to submit your link up to 11:55 p.m. on November 2nd.
- When you link up, leave a comment summarizing what it is about your post that you feel is inspirational / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme if you have not included this information somewhere within your post.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks. Be sure to leave a comment telling us what it was that inspired you or something in general if you uncomfortable disclosing any details of your vote.
- For Challenge #19, all the main prizes will be from our guest sponsors this month, Sparkle N Sprinkle. Prizes include:
- Three individual digital images for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- Three individual digital images for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- Three individual digital images for a person chosen in a random draw based on all cards created for a breast cancer survivor using the theme of courage (it must be obvious--please see details above).
- There will also be:
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
- One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
We look forward to seeing you participate!