On March 20th, the northern hemisphere declared that spring had arrived (unfortunately, just not where I live as there is still lots of snow covering the ground). With spring on the way, we are about to embark on a season of growth as we watch the grass, trees and flowers all come into their first blooms. Spring is also the perfect time to reflect on our own growth as human beings. You are never to old to grow and learn something new. What plans will you undertake to help you keep growing forward? It doesn't matter whether it is growth related to your career or business, your personal life or your spiritual one. Just keep moving forward. It doesn't matter how fast you go either. It is only important that you keep moving. I came across a great Chinese Proverb that sums this up succinctly, "Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still."
However you interpret the concept of growth, we'd love for you to join us this month. You can go with the concept of growth all around us as the season changes or maybe there is someone in your life that needs a little encouragement to keep growing. Even a birthday card would work as it represents a person's growth through age. You simply may want to create a friendship card. This months free sentiment below would be perfect for that idea. Maybe there is another idea entirely that you have to express the concept of growth. Whichever path you take, we'd love to see what you come up with and a few words on how you got there!
Don't forget when you link up your project and/or post, to please leave a comment letting us know how your creation relates to the concept of growth if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or clearly written somewhere else in your post. Remember, the creation must be positive/inspirational/motivational AND adhere to the theme of growth in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes. While you may easily see how growth relates to your creation, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members. That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here or in your blogpost. You can simply write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, if it would be easier. We just need to know how your project ties into the theme. Letting us know, clears up any ambiguity that may exist.
This month's guest sponsor...We are very pleased to have Sparkle N Sprinkle back as our guest sponsor for this month's challenge. Here is a refresher of what they are all about...
Sparkle N Sprinkle is a small company with a big heart owned and operated by Margaret Myers. SNS specializes in hand-mixed embossing powders and glitters. Our quality, deeply etched rubber stamps are closely cropped on Cling Mount Cushion ready for your acrylic block. Produced in our local Shoppe in Ruskin, Florida, the stamps are already indexed on a laminated color storage sheet for your convenience. SNS sells a variety of other paper crafting tools and products, including a new line of digital stamps and many other exclusive products. You can find Sparkle N Sprinkle on line at: http://sparklensprinkle.comSparkle N Sprinkle is our sole sponsor this month and is generously providing us with both prizes! Check out the amazing images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to the page they can be found on in the SNS store...
A Little Note
Easter Bunny and Chicks
Rusty with Flowers
Now check out what my amazing design team came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the team members' name will take you to their blog where you can check out the details for their inspirational creations...
Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers, as our guest designer for this challenge...
My name is Julie Odil, and I am thrilled to be guest designing for the Path of Positivity Challenge blog. What an honor! I just love this challenge blog and the philosophy behind it that guest designing this month brings me great joy!
I’ve always been creative – I play many instruments, like to write, and have been crafty my whole life. I began scrapbooking about 8 and 1/2 years ago and cardmaking about 4 & 1/2 years ago, but things really took off when I began my blog a little over 3 years ago. It was a life changing experience. I can’t believe how much fun I’ve had and how many friends I’ve made through my blog. I’d love it if you’d stop by for a visit: http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com. To find more details about this card, or to see what else I’ve been creating, please visit my blog.You can find Julie's GDT card by clicking HERE.
Once again I am quite taken with the quality of projects from my amazing design team and wonderful guest! Each of these projects has showcased growth in various forms and manners and I hope we have inspired you. Remember, to see how the creations tie in with the theme, go and check out their posts. Click on the individual DT names to head to their blogs.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive AND relates to growth, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back on Monday, April 13th when voting will start on the Top Picks for Challenge #24. However, please note that that post might end up coming out a bit later than usual. I have a medical appointment late that afternoon and I need to be here to link up the top picks for voting. So, while the post will still come out on the 13th (barring no serious problems), it might simply be a bit late.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON GROWTH
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from April 6th - May 3rd, 2015.
- Link up your inspirational post below using Inlinkz. You will be able to submit your link up to 11:55 p.m. on May 3rd.
- When you link up, leave a comment summarizing what it is about your post that you feel is inspirational / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme if you have not included this information somewhere within your post. You can simply add a sentence or two right next to the link for this challenge if you want.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks. Be sure to leave a comment telling us what it was that inspired you or something in general if you uncomfortable disclosing any details of your vote.
- For Challenge #25, prizes will be the following:
- $15.00 worth of digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- $15.00 worth of digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
- One digital designer paper (made to order in a couple different ways) or three individual papers from pre-existing sets from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
An InLinkz Link-up
An InLinkz Link-up