It is the first Monday in June and that means it is time for the next challenge to start. This time around, for Challenge #27 the theme is "HAPPINESS". Show us your interpretation of what happiness means to you. You can make any sort of project and/or post as long as it is positive in nature and relates to the theme.
Happiness is something that we all strive for. Unfortunately, many people keep working towards it and never allow themselves to experience it. "If I could just get a job that I enjoy, I'll be happy." "If I could finally lose those 20 lbs, I could be happy." "If I could ....". Stop making your happiness contingent on achieving your goals. Simply shut down the 'if only's' dialogues and be happy in the present whatever your present situation might be. If things are difficult and your experiencing heartache or sadness, try to find a little happiness in the small things. The smile on your partner or child's face; the purr of a kitten; allowing the sun to beam down on your face--these are all small things that can bring a little bit of happiness, even for just a few moments. For the rest of us, it is time to be happy with who we are, right here and right now.
Don't forget when you link up your project and/or post, to please leave a comment letting us know how your creation relates to the concept of happiness if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or clearly written somewhere else in your post. Remember, the creation must be positive/inspirational/motivational AND adhere to the theme of happiness in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes. While you may easily see how happiness relates to your creation, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members. That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here or in your blogpost. You can simply write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, if it would be easier. We just need to know how your project ties into the theme. Letting us know, clears up any ambiguity that may exist.
This month's guest sponsors...This month we have two brand new guest sponsors!
First up is Imagine That! Digis by Kris™. Let's learn a little bit about Kris' company shall we?!
Imagine That! Digis by Kris™ is a mother/daughter team bringing you our cutest hand-drawn images that you can flip, re-size, re-color, print & use in your crafting creations! Almost all our digi sets include both color & outline formats & include sentiments for a great value. In addition to carrying family-friendly digi stamps, we also offer digital papers and KD-Kits, all available as instant downloads! You may want to check out our Free blogwear category, as well as find freebies on our Facebook Page and join in our monthly progressive challenge where everyone who plays, Wins! You can read more about us here on our 'About the Arists' page.Check out the sweet images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on the names or the watermarks will take you to their location in the store.
Next, that brings us to Sentimental Susan. Time to get to know a little bit about what Susan's company is all about...
Hi! I'm Susan. I'm a crafter who love to create Greeting Cards, invitations, bookmarks and more! I love to color; I'm just a kid at heart. All of the cards are created with love by me! One of my favorite techniques is decoupages, so you will find that on many of my items. You will find one of a kind paper products here as well as a line of Digital Stamps created by my family. If you are looking for something customized, please just shoot me an email.Below you will see the great images that team members used for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to their section within the Sentimental Susan store...
Visit Susan's Personal Blog at scrapathousandwords.blogspot.com
The Store Link is www.zibbet.com/SentimentalSusan
BSA Bike Silhouette
Otter this World
Once again, we are fortunate and blessed to have the chance to work with all these amazing images this month. Thanks so much to our fabulous sponsors. Be sure to come back at the midway when you'll get to see more beautiful projects created with images from these wonderful companies.
HERE to bring up the address in your email program), with the subject heading "PoP GDT".
My amazing design team never disappoints! They each have their own unique styles and ideas. As always I am blown away by the quality of their projects! Each of these projects has showcased happiness in various forms and manners and I hope we have inspired you.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive AND relates to happiness, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back on Monday, June 8th when voting will start on the Top Picks for Challenge #26.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON HAPPINESS
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
Click on the font name to take you to a download location. These fonts were listed for commercial use at the time of this creation. It is my understanding, that I am within my rights to use these fonts in my creations and offer them to others for free. Always check to make sure the terms haven't changed before using the font on something you sell.
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from June 1st - July 5th, 2015.
- Link up your inspirational post below using Inlinkz. You will be able to submit your link up to 11:55 p.m. on July 5th.
- When you link up, leave a comment summarizing what it is about your post that you feel is inspirational / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme if you have not included this information somewhere within your post. You can simply add a sentence or two right next to the link for this challenge if you want.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks. Be sure to leave a comment telling us what it was that inspired you or something in general if you uncomfortable disclosing any details of your vote.
- For Challenge #27, prizes will be the following:
- A $10 gift certificate from Imagine That! Digis By Kris, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- Five images from Sentimental Susan, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
There will also be:
- One digital designer paper made to order in a couple different ways or three existing papers from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment on the start, midway, pondering for Challenge #27 or the top picks post for Challenge #26.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below: