Saturday, October 15, 2016

Ponderings Along the Pathway...FRIENDSHIP

Welcome to this month's edition of Ponderings Along the Pathway, an exclusive feature over here on the Path of Positivity. The purpose of this column is to continue with the goal of this blog which is to create a space "designed to inspire, nurture and provide support for the soul by creating a positive path to follow, one project or post at a time". Providing some motivational introspection on the themes we cover each challenge period, is one way of achieving this goal.

This month it is all about FRIENDSHIP and PAT is here to share her thoughts on the subject...

(If you'd like to see the pictures enlarged, simply click on them to bring them up into the lightbox for better viewing.)

When you think of friends in your life, they’re most likely of the two-footed variety. Last year, my family rescued a seven-year-old Silkie Terrier. He has become a beloved friend to us, and especially to me. My life has a lot of stress at the moment, with no end in sight, at least in the near future. Somehow he knows when I need a snuggle or to get off my butt and take a brisk walk. Lest we forget our furry BFFs, my pondering today will take you on a virtual walk with Wilson, my intrepid companion and loyal friend.


Wilson and I both love the exercise, but we have different agendas. He chases squirrels and birds, I keep my eyes open for the unusual. And we are never disappointed.

So as we started “down the path,” my phone in hand. We never know what we'll discover. Wilson found a good spot to "mark his territory." Looks like the neighborhood spiders are decorating early for Halloween.


I spied the biggest mushroom, I mean fungus, I have ever seen in my life (not edible, darn it). I do love mushrooms, but they are poisonous to Wilson, so on we marched.


This fungus is truly humongous!! It's about eight feet up the tree, and that tree is probably over a hundred years old! The only reason Wilson noticed it was because he had chased a fat but very quick squirrel up the tree.

Close by, we discovered an evergreen tree growing in an oak tree, where the tree trunk originally branched out many years ago. It's like a foster child being taken care of by another family.

Curiouser and curiouser...


We hit the park next, and just for grins I wondered if Wilson would like a little time in the toddler swing. He didn't, but I managed to get somewhat of a photo.

To be honest, the only reason he stayed in the swing long enough for me to take this horrible picture was the treat I held in my other hand. Great shot of him looking longingly off camera, huh? The things friends will do for each other...


Back on the path, we discovered that the moon was in the western sky, while the sun was lazing its way from the east. Silkie Terriers are not "howlers," but lots of friends have different tastes in music, right?


Did you know that when the moon and the sun share the sky, fairies and gnomes can go about their business invisible to human eyes? My camera is a special one, though, able to catch certain "mythical" creatures in their natural habitat.


I managed to catch this friendly gnome preparing his winter retreat in the hollow of a tree. Somehow, Wilson missed him, but I pointed him out before we continued.

The fairy, however, changed herself into a Monarch Moth just as I was clicking my camera button. Wilson definitely saw her, but was unable to eat, I mean catch, her before she flew off.


We finished off our walk with a vigorous sprint into the house and straight to his food bowl, which I filled for him lickety-split. There's nothing better than sharing a meal with your BFF (but I wouldn't recommend it if your friend is on a "special" diet like Wilson).

I can't wait to share another walk along the path with my BFF, ready for whatever treasures we discover along the way. And the path is often best trod in the company of friends, whether they have two legs or four.

Besides, it’s best to share treasure with someone else, and it might as well be a good friend!

Pat is correct--we can't forget our furry pals when thinking of our friends. Animals provide such companionship and are definitely one of life's treasures, all by themselves! I hope that you have had the pleasure of owning a pet at some point in your journey along life's Pathway. They can certainly enrich one's existence. 
 
Well folks, that is it for today but please be sure to join us on Monday when we'll be back with the midway for our challenge.  Enjoy the remainder of your weekend everyone!


No comments: