Right now, it is time for the next challenge to start. This time around, for Challenge #48, the optional theme* is "THE BEAUTY OF NATURE". Here is what you need to know...
- ALL entries must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature.
- *Each month there will also be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Participants must follow the optional theme in order to win the prize for Most Inspirational. If you choose to follow the theme, please follow the instructions below to ensure that you are considered for this prize.
- All entries that abide by the general rules of the challenge, will be eligible to receive the Random Prize.
- For both prizes, you can make any sort of project you'd like (i.e., scrapbooking page, card, tag, mixed media, digital, etc.). In fact, you don't have to create a project at all. You may just have something to say that is motivational or encouraging in some way, or a written passage that expounds on the nature of the theme. Project, written passage or both! It is completely up to you.
Optional Theme: THE BEAUTY OF NATURE
As spring unfurls, we are starting to see the majesty and beauty of our surrounding environment take shape. Whether we live in rural areas or more urban ones, nature exudes its divine beauty in a torrent of textures and colours. There are so many elements in nature that have the ability to delight and tantalize the multitude of our senses: glorious sunrises and sunsets or even the simple artistry of a cloud-filled sky; the rich hues of horticulture; enchanting birdsong; and the scent of blossoming flowers and freshly growing grass on the wind to name but a few.
Do you feel blue on a dreary day? Does the bright sunshine and warmth of a spring day renew and revitalize you? Whether we admit it or not, we are definitely affected by our outdoor environment. That is why this month, in order to have a chance to win the prize for the Most Inspirational Creation,we want to see the beauty of nature reflected in your design work. Whether you choose to draw or colour a landscape; focus on flowers; spotlight animals coming out of hibernation and/or the baby animals to follow; concentrate on the birds returning for spring; or even showcase the thawing world around you as the snow melts and the creeks and streams flow once again, it is totally up to you. Just be sure that your project contains some element of nature in a prominent manner. Whatever direction you take the beauty of nature in, we'd love to be part of that journey.
If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize for Most Inspirational. We also ask that you let us know how your creation relates to the concept of nature if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or clearly written somewhere else in your post. While you may easily see how the concept of nature relates to your creation, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members. That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here in a comment on this post or in your blog post. You can simply write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge if it would be easier. We just need to know how your project ties into the theme. Letting us know clears up any ambiguity that may exist.
Remember, in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You don't need to follow the optional theme if you simply want to have a chance at the Random Draw prize of a $15 gift certificate from Sparkle N Sprinkle, our sole guest sponsor this month. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win the second $15 gift certificate for the Most Inspirational prize.
Talking of our guest sponsor...We are very pleased to have Sparkle N Sprinkle back as our guest sponsor for this month's challenge. Here is a refresher of what they are all about...
Sparkle N Sprinkle is a small company with a big heart owned and operated by Margaret Myers. SNS specializes in hand-mixed embossing powders and glitters. Our quality, deeply etched rubber stamps are closely cropped on Cling Mount Cushion ready for your acrylic block. Produced in our local Shoppe in Ruskin, Florida, the stamps are already indexed on a laminated color storage sheet for your convenience. SNS sells a variety of other paper crafting tools and products, including a new line of digital stamps and many other exclusive products. You can find Sparkle N Sprinkle on line at: http://sparklensprinkle.comSparkle N Sprinkle is our sole sponsor this month and is generously providing us with both prizes! Check out the amazing images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to the page they can be found on in the SNS store...
We are fortunate and blessed to have the chance to work with all these awesome images for the start of this challenge. Thanks so much to our fabulous sponsor. Be sure to come back at the midway when you'll get to see more beautiful projects created with images from this wonderful company.
My amazing design team truly has an eye for the beauty of nature, don't they? Each expressing themselves in their own unique way. As always, I am blown away by the quality of their projects! I hope we have inspired you to create with an eye toward the beauty of nature this month. Be sure to go and visit each of them so you can see how their projects connect to the theme.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature and join our link-up. If you've opted to follow the theme of the beauty of nature for the chance to win the Most Inspirational prize, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back next Monday when voting will start on the Top Picks for Challenge #47. Additionally, I will try my best to post the winners and DT Delights from Challenge #46, later this week.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON THE BEAUTY OF NATURE
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
Additional Credit and Font Information:
- Flamingo font created by Jumbo Design
Click on the font name to take you to a download location. This font was purchased as part of a limited time bundle with an extended commercial use license. While the bundle is still available, it is hard to say how long it will last. It is my understanding, that I am within my rights to use this font in my creations and offer them to others for free or for sale. Always check to make sure the terms haven't changed before using the font on something you sell.
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from April 3rd to April 30th, 2017.
- Add your inspirational project or post using the link up below. You will be able to submit your entry until 11:59 p.m. on April 30th.
- If you have chosen to follow the optional theme, you will need to let us know what it is about your project or post that you feel is inspirational / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme. Please include this information somewhere within your post. You can simply add a sentence or two at the bottom of your post right next to the link for this challenge if you want. Or, if this isn't possible, come over and leave us a comment on the start post. You must also add 'FT' after you name so we know which creations to add to the draw for the sponsor's prize for Most Inspirational.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks.
- For Challenge #48, prizes will be the following:
- $15.00 worth of digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- $15.00 worth of digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to let me know by leaving a comment on this post.
Challenge #48--Optional Theme...THE BEAUTY OF NATURE
This is the place to link up something that you have created during the month that you consider positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You will be able to submit entries to this collection up until April 30th at 11:59 pm. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the optional theme. Please see above for all the rules and details. If you would like to be a Guest Designer in a future challenge, please add the letters GDT after your name.