This time around, for Challenge #52, the optional theme* is "SURROUND YOURSELF...with LITERATURE". Here is what you need to know...
- ALL entries must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature.
- *Each month there will also be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Participants must follow the optional theme in order to win the prize for Most Inspirational. If you choose to follow the theme, please follow the instructions below to ensure that you are considered for this prize.
- All entries that abide by the general rules of the challenge, will be eligible to receive the Random Prize.
- For both prizes, you can make any sort of project you'd like (i.e., scrapbooking page, card, tag, mixed media, digital, etc.). In fact, you don't have to create a project at all. You may just have something to say that is motivational or encouraging in some way, or a written passage that expounds on the nature of the theme. Project, written passage or both! It is completely up to you.
SURROUND YOURSELF...with LITERATURE
SURROUND YOURSELF...with LITERATURE
We continue this month with the second challenge in a series of three all based on the intriguing concept to Surround Yourself with Positivity in the form of the arts! Katrina, one of my amazing team members came up with this unique idea. Over the course of three months we are exploring the positive influence of three different artistic concepts: Art, Literature and Music! Last month we focused on art and this month we are continuing our series with the concept of Literature!
Like art and music, there are so many different types of literature. Stories, books, reports, circulars, leaflets, handouts, etc. When you are heading to the library or book store, where do you go to find that special book? Are you off to find poetry, love stories, self-help, history, how-to, hobby or something else?
A great piece of writing has a way of pulling us into another world and creating adventures beyond what we might imagine on our own. Sometimes it is exciting to escape to another country, time, world, or life. Other times, good writing can teach us about other cultures and acceptance. It’s always beneficial to read about improving our skills or expanding what we know. Many times these literary journeys will inspire us to make changes in our day to day living.
Is there a literary work that has had a positive influence on your life or art? If you would like a chance to win the prize for the Most Inspirational Creation, share your inspiration and creation with us. We’d love to see your project and hear about that writing/story/book!
Keep in mind, we are thinking about how different kinds of art affects us as individuals. It’s not really about doing something “visually" literature related. For example, if you loved stories about animals, then animal digis would work well. Or if you love gardening books, florals would be great.
If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize for Most Inspirational. Remember, we also ask that you please leave a comment letting us know how your creation relates to the concept of literature and what you learned about yourself along the way, if it isn't clearly written somewhere else in your post. While you may easily see how your creation ties into the theme, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members. That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here or in your blogpost. You can simply write a sentence or paragraph at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, if it would be easier. We just need to know how your project ties into the theme. Letting us know, clears up any ambiguity that may exist.
Remember, in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You don't need to follow the optional theme if you simply want to have a chance at the Random Draw prize of a $15 gift certificate from Sparkle N Sprinkle, our sole guest sponsor this month. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win an additional sponsored prize of a $15 gift certificate for the project chosen as Most Inspiring.
Talking of our guest sponsor...We are very pleased to have Sparkle N Sprinkle back as our sole guest sponsor for this month's challenge. Here is a refresher of what they are all about...
Sparkle N Sprinkle is a small company with a big heart owned and operated by Margaret Myers. SNS specializes in hand-mixed embossing powders and glitters. Our quality, deeply etched rubber stamps are closely cropped on Cling Mount Cushion ready for your acrylic block. Produced in our local Shoppe in Ruskin, Florida, the stamps are already indexed on a laminated color storage sheet for your convenience. SNS sells a variety of other paper crafting tools and products, including a new line of digital stamps and many other exclusive products. You can find Sparkle N Sprinkle on line at: http://sparklensprinkle.comSparkle N Sprinkle is our sole sponsor this month and is generously providing us with both prizes! Check out the amazing images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to the page they can be found on in the SNS store...
RIGHT BESIDE YOU
VICTORIAN CAMILLE AT CHRISTMAS
CHRISTMAS SPIRIT FAIRY
We are fortunate and blessed to have the chance to work with all these awesome images for the start of this challenge. Thanks so much to our fabulous sponsor. Be sure to come back at the midway when you'll get to see more beautiful projects created with images from this wonderful company.
Tie in to theme:
"I am really getting into creating note card sets and this image (493B Silhouettes) from SNS worked perfectly. My cards were inspired by the way literature can take me away and on journeys I never dreamed of taking."
Tie in to theme:
"I perused my husband's bookshelf. There's some fiction, some history, and no less than 11 bird books! We are what some refer to as diehard "birders", even keeping a life list of birds we've seen through the years. So, a bird theme seemed appropriate, when thinking of literature."
Tie in to theme:
"Ok, it's out of the bag....I like kid's books! I love Shel Silverstein, AA Milne, Fred Rogers, Margery Williams, Hans Christian Anderson, Jan Brett, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Roald Dahl, oh the list goes on and on! Why? It makes me smile!"
Tie in to theme:
"I read a lot of Christmas craft books to get inspired for Christmas but also as I enjoy Christmas crafting and it gets me into the spirit of Christmas."
Tie in to theme:
"Two of my favourite books are Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. This image made me think off those stories."
My amazing design team never disappoints! They each have their own unique styles and ideas. As always I am blown away by the quality of their projects! Each of these projects has showcased the concept of 'surrounding oneself with literature' in various forms and manners and I hope we have inspired you. Be sure to go and visit each of them so you can see how their projects further connect to the theme.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature and join our link up. If you've opted to follow the theme of 'surrounding yourself with literature'' for the chance to win the Most Inspirational prize, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back next Monday when voting will start on the Top Picks for Challenge #51.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON SURROUND YOURSELF WITH LITERATURE...
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
Additional Credit and Font Information:
- Andalusia Script font created by Seniors Studio
- De Arloy font created by Panji
- Beradon Frames font created by Serbanescu Mihaela, BlackCatsMedia
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from October 2nd to November 5th, 2017.
- Add your inspirational project or post using the link up below. You will be able to submit your entry until 11:59 p.m. on November 5th.
- If you have chosen to follow the optional theme, you will need to let us know what it is about your project or post that you feel is inspirational / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme. Please include this information somewhere within your post. You can simply add a sentence or two at the bottom of your post right next to the link for this challenge if you want. Or, if this isn't possible, come over and leave us a comment on the start post. You must also add 'FT' after you name so we know which creations to add to the draw for the sponsor's prize for Most Inspirational.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks.
- For Challenge #52, prizes will be the following:
- $15.00 worth of digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch (based on those projects who have followed the theme).
- $15.00 worth of digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to let me know by leaving a comment on this post.
Challenge #52--Optional Theme: SURROUND YOURSELF...with LITERATURE
This is the place to link up something that you have created during the month that you consider positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You will be able to submit entries to this collection up until November 5th at 11:59 pm. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the optional theme. Please see above for all the rules and details. If you would like to be a Guest Designer in a future challenge, please add the letters GDT after your name.