This time around, for Challenge #54, the optional theme* is "FESTIVITY". Here is what you need to know...
- ALL entries must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature.
- *Each month there will also be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Participants must follow the optional theme in order to win the prize for Most Inspirational. If you choose to follow the theme, please follow the instructions below to ensure that you are considered for this prize.
- All entries that abide by the general rules of the challenge, will be eligible to receive the Random Prize.
- For both prizes, you can make any sort of project you'd like (i.e., scrapbooking page, card, tag, mixed media, digital, etc.). In fact, you don't have to create a project at all. You may just have something to say that is motivational or encouraging in some way, or a written passage that expounds on the nature of the theme. Project, written passage or both! It is completely up to you.
Optional Theme: FESTIVITY
As one looks around, it is plainly visible that the hustle and bustle of the Holiday Season is most decidedly here! Whether you celebrate Chanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Festivus or another holiday or occasion celebrated during the month of December, the feeling of festivity is definitely in the air; and, it is that feeling of FESTIVITY that we'd like you to capture on your creations this month. With the joy and wonder of the holiday season surrounding us, it is the perfect time to apply that to your designs.
If you would like a chance to win the prize for the Most Inspirational Creation, the challenge this month is to create something FESTIVE! Whether you choose to create a Christmas or other holiday card, decide to design some gift tags or boxes, or choose to create some sort of holiday decorations, it is totally up to you. We can't wait to see how you explore the theme of festivity in your designs!
If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize for Most Inspirational. Remember, we also ask that you please leave a comment letting us know how your creation relates to the concept of festivity, if it isn't clearly written somewhere else in your post. While you may easily see how your creation ties into the theme, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members. That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here or in your blogpost. You can simply write a sentence or paragraph at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, if it would be easier. We just need to know how your project ties into the theme. Letting us know, clears up any ambiguity that may exist.
Remember, in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You don't need to follow the optional theme if you simply want to have a chance at the Random Draw prize of a $20 gift certificate from NS Designs (aka Kitten Stamps), one of our guest sponsors this month. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win an additional sponsored prize of a $12 gift certificate from Bugaboo Stamps, the second of our guest sponsors this month, for the project chosen as Most Inspiring.
Talking of our guest sponsors...This month we have two returning sponsors! It is time to refresh ourselves with the details of these wonderful companies.
First up is Bugaboo Stamps…
Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About
Bugaboo Stamps: A Short Essay
As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was seven years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing! From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects. Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week!
Check out the awesome images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on the watermarks will take you to their location in the store.
Peace Love Joy Angel
JJ Xmas Cheer - Deck the Halls
Next, that brings us to NS Designs
(aka Kitten Scraps)...
(aka Kitten Scraps)...
My name is Nathalie and I design under the name of NS Designs and KittenScraps. I began scrapping as a way to fill in my spare time while learning Photoshop and was quickly hooked on creating kits to scrap my photo’s. I enjoy offering S4H/S4O kits that are family friendly and easy and fun to use. My online store offer’s a variety of digital scrapbooking kits, Commercial Use Templates, Elements and Clip Art and coming soon SVG Files for your cutting machine.
In my spare time I enjoy knitting, and embroidery, gardening and travelling. I’m the mother of 4 grown kids and 3 also, grown step kids as well as Aunt Nathalie to 3 adorable-yet mischievous, little boys whom I love to scrap. Scrapbooking for me is not just a business-I feel each memory that is scrapped is it’s own treasure and strive to offer quality digital products that will help you create the perfect layout for your photos.Come check out my blog and Facebook page where I offer layout idea’s and the occasional freebie and while your there stop by my store to check out the latest kits, CU items and SVG Files.Store Link: http://www.kittenscraps.com/store/Blog Link: http://www.kittenscraps.com/blog
Check out the great kits the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on the watermarks below will take you to their location in the store.
We are fortunate and blessed to have the chance to work with all these awesome images for the start of this challenge. Thanks so much to our fabulous sponsors. Be sure to come back at the midway when you'll get to see more beautiful projects created with images from these wonderful companies.
My amazing design team never disappoints! They each have their own unique styles and ideas. As always I am blown away by the quality of their projects! Each of these projects has showcased the concept of 'festivity' in various forms and manners and I hope we have inspired you. Be sure to go and visit each of them so you can see how their projects further connect to the theme.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature and join our link up. If you've opted to follow the theme of 'festivity' for the chance to win the Most Inspirational prize, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back next Monday when voting will start on the Top Picks for Challenge #53.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON FESTIVITY...
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
Additional Credit and Font Information:
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from December 4th to December 31st, 2017.
- Add your inspirational project or post using the link up below. You will be able to submit your entry until 11:59 p.m. on December 31st.
- If you have chosen to follow the optional theme, you will need to let us know what it is about your project or post that you feel is inspirational / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme. Please include this information somewhere within your post. You can simply add a sentence or two at the bottom of your post right next to the link for this challenge if you want. Or, if this isn't possible, come over and leave us a comment on the start post. You must also add 'FT' after you name so we know which creations to add to the draw for the sponsor's prize for Most Inspirational.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks.
- For Challenge #54, prizes will be the following:
- A $12 gift certificate from Bugaboo Stamps, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- A $20 gift certificate from NS Designs, the second of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to let me know by leaving a comment on this post.
Challenge #54--Optional Theme: FESTIVITY
This is the place to link up something that you have created during the month that you consider positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You will be able to submit entries to this collection up until December 31st at 11:59 pm. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the optional theme. Please see above for all the rules and details. If you would like to be a Guest Designer in a future challenge, please add the letters GDT after your name.