For now though, it is time to get back on track with the reason for today's post. We have just entered the fourth month into our year long study of colour. Every challenge we have in 2018 will be dedicated to the theme of colour. Each month we will focus on a particular individual colour grouping (blue, red, yellow, etc.) or on a specific colour collection (pastels, metallics, etc.). Since colour is so important to our everyday lives, we thought this would be an interesting Path to explore.
In January, I presented a brief essay on how we are affected by colour, its impact on us, the symbolism of it, and the psychological effect it has on our everyday lives. If you are new to this series and would like to review this essay, or you would simply just like to refresh yourself on its details, you can find it by clicking HERE and scrolling down to the Title, "Theme Ideas for 2018".
Right now, it is time to get on with the details of our newest challenge. This time around, for Challenge #58, the optional theme* is "PASTELS". Here is what you need to know...
- ALL entries must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature.
- *Each month there will also be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Participants must follow the optional theme in order to win the prize for Most Inspirational. If you choose to follow the theme, please follow the instructions below to ensure that you are considered for this prize.
- ALL entries that abide by the general rules of the challenge, will be eligible to receive the Random Prize.
- For both prizes, you can make any sort of project you'd like (i.e., scrapbooking page, card, tag, mixed media, digital, etc.). In fact, you don't have to create a project at all. You may just have something to say that is motivational or encouraging in some way, or a written passage that expounds on the nature of the theme. Project, written passage or both! It is completely up to you.
Now that the basics are out of the way, how about we get on with the details for Challenge #58. Thank you so very much to Katrina who has come up with this month's theme description.
Optional Theme: PASTELS
Where does your mind go when you think of pastels?
Maybe your thoughts go to Easter, spring and nature with all the lovely shades of new greens and violets. Possibly the soft colours of the new speckled eggs in the nests, the light fur colours of new baby animals or dream sickle skies enter your imagination.
Pastels seem to evoke feelings of new life for many. Maybe that is why baby clothes and nursery items seem to be so popular in those colours.
Even the world of fashion chooses pastels for their spring lines, and 2018 is highlighting pastels with the colours being displayed as the “Sundae Style” and “ice cream colours trend”! What is prettier than a dish of orange, lime or raspberry sherbet or a lovely cup of strawberry ice cream in that delightful pink?
This challenge, our focus is on different shades of PASTELS. We want to see a project that is at least 51% of the overall colour scheme. You can also use some different colours if you'd like but please be sure that if you would like a chance to win the prize for the Most Inspirational Creation, over half of the colours in your project must be in the PASTELS spectrum! You can use the pastel colours to fill in your image(s) with, and/or they can be in your choices of papers and embellishments. Just make sure that the majority of your project focuses on different pastel shades. We can't wait to see how you explore the theme in your designs!
If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize for Most Inspirational. While it isn't mandatory, we'd also love to find out how this month's colour makes you feel, if you'd like to share that with us. What kinds of feelings do PASTEL shades personally evoke in you? You can write a sentence or two in the body of your post, write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, or simply leave a comment on this post if you'd like.
Remember, in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You don't need to follow the optional theme if you simply want to have a chance at the Random Draw prize of a $15 gift certificate from Sparkle N Sprinkle, our sole guest sponsor this month. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win an additional sponsored prize of a $15 gift certificate for the project chosen as Most Inspiring.
Talking of our guest sponsor...We are very pleased to have Sparkle N Sprinkle back as our sole guest sponsor for this month's challenge. Here is a refresher of what they are all about...
Sparkle N Sprinkle is a small company with a big heart owned and operated by Margaret Myers. SNS specializes in hand-mixed embossing powders and glitters. Our quality, deeply etched rubber stamps are closely cropped on Cling Mount Cushion ready for your acrylic block. Produced in our local Shoppe in Ruskin, Florida, the stamps are already indexed on a laminated color storage sheet for your convenience. SNS sells a variety of other paper crafting tools and products, including a new line of digital stamps and many other exclusive products. You can find Sparkle N Sprinkle on line at: http://sparklensprinkle.netSparkle N Sprinkle is our sole sponsor this month and is generously providing us with both prizes! Check out the amazing images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to the page they can be found on in the SNS store...
We are fortunate and blessed to have the chance to work with all these awesome images for the start of this challenge. Thanks so much to our fabulous sponsor. Be sure to come back at the midway when you'll get to see more beautiful projects created with images from this wonderful company.
My amazing design team never disappoints! They each have their own unique styles and ideas. As always I am blown away by the quality of their projects! Each of these projects has showcased the various shades of the 'PASTELS' range splendidly and I hope we have inspired you. Be sure to go and visit each of them so you can see how their project further connects to the theme.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature and join our link up. If you've opted to follow the theme of 'PASTELS' for the chance to win the Most Inspirational prize, make sure that you add FT after your name so you can be included in the running for the prize. Remember, we'd also love to find out just how the range of PASTELS affects you, so be sure to lets us know if you can, somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back next week (Monday if possible but later in the week is highly probable) when voting will start on the Top Picks for Challenge #57. Hopefully, I will also get the chance to post the winner announcement for #55 at least, sometime in the next week as well.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON COLOUR...
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below. Please note that the quote is being offered up with two different spellings. While I spell 'colour' with a 'u', my American friends, followers and readers are apt to spell it without one; so, I am providing an option to cover both spellings of the word.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
Additional Credit and Font Information:
- Exquise-FY font family created by Font You
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from April 2nd to May 6th, 2018.
- Add your inspirational project or post using the link up below. You will be able to submit your entry until 11:59 p.m. on May 6th.
- If you have chosen to follow the optional theme, you will need to add 'FT' after you name so we know which creations to add to the draw for the sponsor's prize for Most Inspirational. While it isn't mandatory, we'd also love to find out how this month's colour makes you feel, if you'd like to share that with us. What kinds of feelings do PASTELS personally evoke in you? You can write a sentence or two in the body of your post, write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, or simply leave a comment on this post if you'd like.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks.
- For Challenge #58, prizes will be the following:
- $15.00 worth of digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch (based on those projects who have followed the theme).
- $15.00 worth of digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to let me know by leaving a comment on this post.
Challenge #58--Optional Theme: PASTELS
This is the place to link up something that you have created during the month that you consider positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You will be able to submit entries to this collection up until May 6th at 11:59 pm. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the optional theme. Please see above for all the rules and details. If you would like to be a Guest Designer in a future challenge, please add the letters GDT after your name.
Great projects by the team and wonderful digis with which to work.
Lisa, Life happens and you are doing the best you can. I suggest you not try to play catch up, but just move forward at a pace that is comfortable for you. God bless you as you ride the waves.
hugs & smiles,
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts Teresa! They are really appreciated. It is also so good to see your smiling face again. You've been missed my dear!
Post a Comment