We have just entered the sixth month into our year long study of colour. Every challenge we have in 2018 will be dedicated to the theme of colour. Each month we will focus on a particular individual colour grouping (blue, red, yellow, etc.) or on a specific colour collection (pastels, metallics, etc.). Since colour is so important to our everyday lives, we thought this would be an interesting Path to explore.
In January, I presented a brief essay on how we are affected by colour, its impact on us, the symbolism of it, and the psychological effect it has on our everyday lives. If you are new to this series and would like to review this essay, or you would simply just like to refresh yourself on its details, you can find it by clicking HERE and scrolling down to the Title, "Theme Ideas for 2018".
Right now, it is time to get on with the details of our newest challenge. This time around, for Challenge #60, the optional theme* is . Here is what you need to know...
- ALL entries must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature.
- *Each month there will also be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Participants must follow the optional theme in order to win the prize for Most Inspirational. If you choose to follow the theme, please follow the instructions below to ensure that you are considered for this prize.
- ALL entries that abide by the general rules of the challenge, will be eligible to receive the Random Prize.
- For both prizes, you can make any sort of project you'd like (i.e., scrapbooking page, card, tag, mixed media, digital, etc.). In fact, you don't have to create a project at all. You may just have something to say that is motivational or encouraging in some way, or a written passage that expounds on the nature of the theme. Project, written passage or both! It is completely up to you.
Now that the basics are out of the way, how about we get on with the details for Challenge #60.
Optional Theme: NEUTRALS
Where does your mind go when you think of Neutrals?
Neutrals…neutrals…hmmm. Where does your imagination go with this colour idea? Maybe your thoughts wander back in time to the old sepia coloured tin-types and cabinet cards. Exquisite photography and cinema have always been rich with neutrals. These colours seem to transport us to a place of long ago ~ a sort of “time travel” if you will.
Shades of brown and neutrals can evoke strong feelings of earth and naturalness and is great for home decor. Possibly your neutral musings are more whimsical in nature entertaining the thoughts of black and white newspaper comic strips! Of course, there is always the very classic with crisp lines of black and white. Neutrals are anything but boring and we can’t wait to see how this inspires your creativity!
As you can see from the description above, this challenge, our focus is on NEUTRAL colours. We want to see a project that is at least 51% of the overall colour scheme. You can also use some different colours if you'd like but please be sure that if you would like a chance to win the prize for the Most Inspirational Creation, over half of the colours in your project must be made up of NEUTRAL shades such as black, white, beiges, browns, sepia and greys! The neutral shades can be in the colours you choose to fill your images with, and/or they can be in your choices of papers and embellishments. Just make sure that the majority of your project focuses on the varying shades of neutrals. We can't wait to see how you explore the theme in your designs!
If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize for Most Inspirational. We'd also love to find out how this month's colour grouping makes you feel, if you'd like to share that with us. What kinds of feelings do NEUTRAL colours evoke in you? You can write a sentence or two in the body of your post, write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, or simply leave a comment on this post if you'd like.
Remember, in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You don't need to follow the optional theme if you simply want to have a chance at the Random Draw prize of a $12 gift certificate from A Day for Daisies, one of our guest sponsors this month. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win an additional sponsored prize of the same three digis used by team members, provided by Mari Digis, the second of our guest sponsors this month, for the project chosen as Most Inspiring.
Talking of our guest sponsors...This month we have two returning sponsors. It is time to refresh ourselves with the details of these wonderful companies.
First up is A Day for Daisies…
A Day For Daisies provides themed categories of over 3000 digital illustrations including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!
ADFD WEBSITE: www.adayfordaisies.com
ADFD FACE BOOK: https://www.facebook.com/adayfordaisies/
Private ADFD Community on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/adayfordaisies ADFD ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/adayfordaisies
Check out the fabulous images that the team worked with this month for the start of the challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to their location in the A Day for Daisies store where each of these images can be found.
Braid in My Hair
Painted Mushroom Top
Black Cat 1
Next, that brings us to Mari Digis…
My name is Maria Emilia and I love to draw. I live in Goiânia, a busy City in Brazil. Now I provide some artwork for you, who are looking for beautiful pictures and even a little " fashions", suitable to their projects scrap and artistic creations! On digital stamps.
Main Blog: http://maridigischallenge.blogspot.com.br/
Below you will see the awesome images that team members used for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on the watermarked images will take you to their location in the Mari Digis store...
B99-Collection Jane Austen Inspiration
B42-Cinema: Chaplin and Cia
B65-Little Match Girl
We are fortunate and blessed to have the chance to work with all these awesome items for the start of this challenge. Thanks so much to our fabulous sponsors. Be sure to come back at the midway when you'll get to see more beautiful projects created with items from these wonderful companies.
Now check out what my amazing design team came up with to inspire you. Clicking on each team member's name will take you to their blog where you can check out the details for their inspirational creations…
My amazing design team never disappoints! They each have their own unique styles and ideas. As always I am blown away by the quality of their projects! Each of these projects has showcased the various shades of the 'NEUTRALS' range splendidly and I hope we have inspired you. Be sure to go and visit each of them so you can see how their project further connects to the theme.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature and join our link up. If you've opted to follow the theme of 'NEUTRALS' for the chance to win the Most Inspirational prize, make sure that you add FT after your name so you can be included in the running for the prize. Remember, we'd also love to find out just how the range of NEUTRALS affects you, so be sure to lets us know if you can, somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back next Monday when voting will (hopefully) start on the Top Picks for Challenge #59. As mentioned earlier, I will also do my best to find the time to post the winner announcement for #58, sometime in the next few days as well.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON COLOUR...
Please note that the quote is being offered up with two different spellings. While I spell 'colour' with a 'u', my American friends, followers and readers are apt to spell it without one; so, I am providing an option to cover both spellings of the word.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
Additional Credit and Font Information:
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from June 4th to July 1st, 2018.
- Add your inspirational project or post using the link up below. You will be able to submit your entry until 11:59 p.m. on July 1st.
- If you have chosen to follow the optional theme, you will need to add 'FT' after you name so we know which creations to add to the draw for the sponsor's prize for Most Inspirational. While it isn't mandatory, we'd also love to find out how this month's colour makes you feel, if you'd like to share that with us. What kinds of feelings do NEUTRALS personally evoke in you? You can write a sentence or two in the body of your post, write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, or simply leave a comment on this post if you'd like.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks.
- For Challenge #60, prizes will be the following:
- The same three digital images that the team used from Mari Digis, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- A $12 gift certificate from A Day for Daisies, the second of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to let me know by leaving a comment on this post.
Challenge #60--Optional Theme: NEUTRALS
This is the place to link up something that you have created during the month that you consider positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You will be able to submit entries to this collection up until May 6th at 11:59 pm. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the optional theme. Please see above for all the rules and details. If you would like to be a Guest Designer in a future challenge, please add the letters GDT after your name.
Members of the EU Please Note:
- By entering your Personal Information (i.e. name, blogpost address, email address) into any type of link up on this blog, you are giving your consent to having your name and blogpost link visible to everyone who visits this site. While we also request that you submit your email address when adding a card to any link up, this particular piece of Personal Information is kept private. It is only visible to me, Lisa Décosse, the owner of this blog or my designate (see more on how your email address is used below).
- By commenting on any post on this blog, you are also giving your consent to having your name and blogpost link visible to everyone who visits this site (unless of course, you have left a comment by remaining anonymous).
- If you are a winner or top pick in an event that you have entered, a copy of your entry information will be published in a separate winners announcement post. This entry information may include the following:
- your name and/or possibly your blog name
- the blogpost address of the card that you linked up
- a copy of the image that you originally linked up