In the meantime though, it is the first Monday of the month and time for our new challenge to begin. We are just about to explore the eighth month into our year long study of colour. Every challenge in 2018 is dedicated to the theme of colour. Each month we will focus on a particular individual colour grouping (blue, red, yellow, etc.) or on a specific colour collection (pastels, metallics, etc.). Since colour is so important to our everyday lives, we thought this would be an interesting Path to explore.
In January, I presented a brief essay on how we are affected by colour, its impact on us, the symbolism of it, and the psychological effect it has on our everyday lives. If you are new to this series and would like to review this essay, or you would simply just like to refresh yourself on its details, you can find it by clicking HERE and scrolling down to the Title, "Theme Ideas for 2018".
Right now, it is time to get on with the details of our newest challenge. This time around, for Challenge #62, the optional theme* is "SHADES OF PURPLE". Here is what you need to know...
- ALL entries must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature.
- *Each month there will also be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Participants must follow the optional theme in order to win the prize for Most Inspirational. If you choose to follow the theme, please follow the instructions below to ensure that you are considered for this prize.
- ALL entries that abide by the general rules of the challenge, will be eligible to receive the Random Prize.
- For both prizes, you can make any sort of project you'd like (i.e., scrapbooking page, card, tag, mixed media, digital, etc.). In fact, you don't have to create a project at all. You may just have something to say that is motivational or encouraging in some way, or a written passage that expounds on the nature of the theme. Project, written passage or both! It is completely up to you.
Now that the basics are out of the way, how about we get on with the details for Challenge #62.
Optional Theme: SHADES OF PURPLE
Purple is a blend of two colours bringing with it the energy of red and the stability of the blue. What kinds of thoughts and feelings do YOU think of when you think about the colour purple? Throughout history the different shades of purple have been associated with royalty, nobility, luxury, power, and ambition. As such, it is a colour that is often seen in the robes worn by royalty and the clothing of people of authority or high rank. However, the power of purple doesn't stop there, it is also associated with a variety of effects on the mind and body. Purples have been know to uplift one's spirits, enhance the sacred, create feelings of spirituality, and also encourage the imagination and creativity. Another colour bearing interesting characteristics and influences!
When delving into the colour psychology of purple, we find that it can provide a calming balm to the the mind and nerves, promoting harmony of the mind and emotions. All of these factors can aid toward creating mental balance, stability, and peace of mind. Additionally, purple inspires unconditional love. It can increase a person's nurturing tendencies, encouraging sensitivity and compassion.
As purple is a great colour for channelling imagination and creativity, like the colour orange, it is suitable for use in both professional and personal projects. Designers often use bright purple in designs of a feminine nature and it is a very popular colour among teenage girls. The use of lighter purples along with the colour yellow are commonly used in advertisements for children’s products as it gives the viewer an impression of something that is fun and easy to deal with.
Taken to extremes though, too much purple can stir up irritability, impatience, and arrogance. Another negative quality of having too much purple in one's environment is that it can result in a person becoming rather moody. On the flip side of things, too little purple brings out feelings of powerlessness, negativity, and apathy. As always, it comes back to finding the right balance when adopting this vibrant colour into your life.
This challenge, our focus is on SHADES OF PURPLE. We want to see a project that is at least 51% of the overall colour scheme. Your project doesn't need to be completely monochromatic so a spattering of other colours is fine. Just be sure that if you would like a chance to win the prize for the Most Inspirational Creation, over half of the colours in your project must be made up of SHADES OF PURPLE! The shades can be in the colours you choose to fill your images with, and/or they can be in your choices of papers and embellishments. Just make sure that the majority of your project focuses on the varying shades of purple. We can't wait to see how you explore the theme in your designs!
If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize for Most Inspirational. While it isn't mandatory, we'd also love to find out how this month's colour makes you feel, if you'd like to share that with us. What kinds of feelings does the colour PURPLE evoke in you? You can write a sentence or two in the body of your post, write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, or simply leave a comment on this post if you'd like.
Remember, in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You don't need to follow the optional theme if you simply want to have a chance at the Random Draw prize of a $10 gift certificate from Limited Runs, one of our guest sponsors this month. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win an additional sponsored prize of a $12 gift certificate from A Day for Daisies, the second of our guest sponsors this month, for the project chosen as Most Inspiring.
Talking of our guest sponsors...This month we have two returning sponsors! It is time to refresh ourselves with the details of these wonderful companies.
First up is Limited Runs...
Limited Runs is a great little shop for all your digital needs. We have tons to play with and even better, they are all set up for those on a budget, with almost all images for only $2.00 and lots of hidden sets and deals in the shop to save you money!!! Who doesn't like to save $$$. We have a huge Collection for the Holidays and also lots of other cuties and not so cute images. We also have cupcakes, coffee, and for those that like the darker side, monsters and even a eyeball cupcake.
Limited Runs is now on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/230242700670077/ too with a Freebie for every 50 Followers.
We also have a Monthly Progressive Challenge running as well. Read all about it here: https://limitedrunsstamps.blogspot.ca/p/here-they-all-are-for-you-our.html
The Challenge itself is on Facebook but don't worry if you don't have Facebook. You can email me a link to your site showcasing your project using the image and I will add you into the challenge so you can win too. The Progressive challenge works in 3 rounds; so, there is a freebie available every 1st round. Just email me if you want to play.
Check out the fun images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to category page they can be found on in the Limited Runs store.
Pine Forest (Category:Backgrounds; Section: Trees)
Snail Mail #1 (Category: Amphibians and More; Section: Found Around A Pond)
Cat in Pumpkin (Category: Halloween; Section: 31-40)
Next, that brings us to A Day for Daisies…
A Day For Daisies provides themed categories of over 3000 digital illustrations including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!
ADFD WEBSITE: www.adayfordaisies.com
ADFD FACE BOOK: https://www.facebook.com/adayfordaisies/
Private ADFD Community on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/adayfordaisies ADFD ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/adayfordaisies
Check out the fabulous images that the team worked with this month for the start of the challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to their location in the A Day for Daisies store where each of these images can be found.
Little Witch on a Fence
Pansy Flower Frame
Now check out what my amazing design team came up with to inspire you. Clicking on each team member's name will take you to their blog where you can check out the details for their inspirational creations…
My amazing design team never disappoints! They each have their own unique styles and ideas. As always I am blown away by the quality of their projects! Each of these projects has showcased the various 'SHADES OF PURPLE' range splendidly and I hope we have inspired you. Be sure to go and visit each of them so you can see how their project further connects to the theme.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature and join our link up. If you've opted to follow the theme of 'SHADES OF PURPLE' for the chance to win the Most Inspirational prize, make sure that you add FT after your name so you can be included in the running for the prize. Remember, we'd also love to find out just how the different SHADES OF PURPLE affects you, so be sure to lets us know if you can, somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back next week when voting will (hopefully) start on the Top Picks for Challenge #61.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON COLOUR...
Unfortunately, I am still facing considerable challenges in my personal life which are all affecting the time I have available to work on the computer. As such, I have not had the opportunity to create a freebie for all of you and the likelihood is that I won't have the chance to get one completed. However, if a miracle happens and I can manage it, I will get it uploaded to this spot or added to the midway.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from October 1st to November 4th, 2018.
- Add your inspirational project or post using the link up below. You will be able to submit your entry until 11:59 p.m. on November 4th.
- If you have chosen to follow the optional theme, you will need to add 'FT' after you name so we know which creations to add to the draw for the sponsor's prize for Most Inspirational. While it isn't mandatory, we'd also love to find out how this month's colour makes you feel, if you'd like to share that with us. What kinds of feelings do the different SHADES OF PURPLE personally evoke in you? You can write a sentence or two in the body of your post, write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, or simply leave a comment on this post if you'd like.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks.
- For Challenge #62, prizes will be the following:
- A $10 gift certificate from Limited Runs, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- A $12 gift certificate provided by A Day For Daisies, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants. To be eligible for this prize, entry must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to let me know by leaving a comment on this post.
Challenge #62--Optional Theme: SHADES OF PURPLE
This is the place to link up something that you have created during the month that you consider positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You will be able to submit entries to this collection up until November 4th at 11:59 pm. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the optional theme. Please see above for all the rules and details. If you would like to be a Guest Designer in a future challenge, please add the letters GDT after your name.
Members of the EU Please Note:
- By entering your Personal Information (i.e. name, blogpost address, email address) into any type of link up on this blog, you are giving your consent to having your name and blogpost link visible to everyone who visits this site. While we also request that you submit your email address when adding a card to any link up, this particular piece of Personal Information is kept private. It is only visible to me, Lisa Décosse, the owner of this blog or my designate (see more on how your email address is used below).
- By commenting on any post on this blog, you are also giving your consent to having your name and blogpost link visible to everyone who visits this site (unless of course, you have left a comment by remaining anonymous).
- If you are a winner or top pick in an event that you have entered, a copy of your entry information will be published in a separate winners announcement post. This entry information may include the following:
- your name and/or possibly your blog name
- the blogpost address of the card that you linked up
- a copy of the image that you originally linked up
Author Unknown. (2002). Color Wheel Pro - See Color Theory in Action. Available: http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html. Last accessed 1st Oct. 2018. Author Unknown. (2017).
The Color Purple. Available: https://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-purple.html. Last accessed 1st Oct. 2018. Bourn, Jennifer. (2011).
Color Meaning: Meaning of The Color Purple. Available: https://www.bourncreative.com/meaning-of-the-color-purple/. Last accessed 1st Oct. 2018.
Oleson, Jacob. (2017). Orange Purple Meaning – The Color Purple. Available: https://www.color-meanings.com/purple-color-meaning-the-color-purple/. Last accessed 1st Oct. 2018.