Monday, February 26, 2024

Apologies and an Update

Hello folks! I apologize for being MIA (that means 'missing in action' if you are unfamiliar with the acronym). It has been a rather tumultuous month.

Due to a prolonged and difficult illness (fondly referred to as the virus from hell), I was unable to post February's challenge. For roughly 18 days, the only time I ventured from my bed was to visit the bathroom; and in the first two weeks, even getting there was a struggle. I credit my husband with my survival because I truly believe I may not be here if not for his incredible care during the worst of my illness. Even now, almost exactly a month from the time I became sick, I am still struggling with my recovery due to lingering symptoms.

That being the case, I have made the decision to cancel March's challenge as well. As difficult as it was for me to make that choice, I need to put my health first.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Hopefully, March will provide me with the additional time I need to recover so that we can return in April. However, I make no promises at this time. I will need to see what fate has in store for me.

I hope that you and your families remain healthy and well in which ever corner of this world you live!

All my best,
Lisa

8 comments:

brenda said...

Take care, health must always come first.

B x

María said...

Sorry to read about your illness. Now the most important thing is to recover, so don't worry, we can wait for the next challenge, there is no hurry. Sending you a lot of love and positive energy. Hugs, María.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sorry to hear you've been so sick, Lisa. Praying for a complete recovery xoxo

Anne S said...

So sorry you've been so unwell - I hope your recovery is swift and perfect, and definitely put your health first above all else

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Lisa D= I've just read your update post on POP and want to express again that you're in my thoughts and prayers. Stay mentally strong and hopefully each day is gradually getting better for you physically. Keep it simple and don't overtax yourself. Blogland can wait. Take care of you.

KathyA. said...

Lisa, thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear you still are not feeling well. All of us care about you and support you in your decision to take more time to rest and recover. Until that happens, know that you are missed... and we will be here when you get back to "normal"!

cheiro urgia said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've been feeling so poorly lately, and still not back to your old self. Illness really does take a toll on body and mind, and it may take a while to regain strength and return to some sort of routine. Please take care of yourself, and don't stress with any challenges unless you feel healthy enough to get back to crafting/writing. Your health comes first, and we'll be waiting patiently until you're ready to start again.

Hugs, Veronika

Vivian Foo said...

You are in my prayers and take very good care of yourself, other stuff can wait. Stay strong too. Big Hugs, Vivian Foo