It is the first Monday in September and that means it is time for the next challenge to start. This time around, for Challenge #30 the theme is "DEDICATION". Show us your interpretation of what dedication means to you. You can make any sort of project and/or post as long as it is positive in nature and relates to the theme.
The idea behind dedication is about showing extreme loyalty to some sort of purpose or person. There is a really great quote by Charlotte Eriksson that sums up the idea of dedication wonderfully, "Being passionate about something is the most beautiful characteristic you can develop." When we are passionate about someone or something, we work really hard at pouring a great deal of our energy into that particular task or person. The great thing about passion is that it doesn't necessarily have to be diverted into one sole task. We can have a variety of things that we dedicate ourselves to--our families and friends, our communities and of course our love of cardmaking and scrapbooking! This month, encourage someone you know to start living their dreams by dedicating themselves to the task at hand; or, maybe there is someone special in your life that you'd like to remind how very devoted you are to them. It is all about dedication this month and committing yourself to something or someone else. We look forward to seeing your interpretation on this month's theme.
Don't forget when you link up your project and/or post, to please leave a comment letting us know how your creation relates to the concept of dedication if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or clearly written somewhere else in your post. Remember, the creation must be positive/inspirational/motivational AND adhere to the theme of dedication in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes. While you may easily see how dedication relates to your creation, it may not be as apparent to me or the DT members. That is why we ask that you clarify it somewhere, whether here or in your blogpost. You can simply write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, if it would be easier. We just need to know how your project ties into the theme. Letting us know, clears up any ambiguity that may exist.
This month's guest sponsor...We are very pleased to have Sparkle N Sprinkle back as our guest sponsor for this month's challenge. Here is a refresher of what they are all about...
Sparkle N Sprinkle is a small company with a big heart owned and operated by Margaret Myers. SNS specializes in hand-mixed embossing powders and glitters. Our quality, deeply etched rubber stamps are closely cropped on Cling Mount Cushion ready for your acrylic block. Produced in our local Shoppe in Ruskin, Florida, the stamps are already indexed on a laminated color storage sheet for your convenience. SNS sells a variety of other paper crafting tools and products, including a new line of digital stamps and many other exclusive products. You can find Sparkle N Sprinkle on line at: http://sparklensprinkle.comSparkle N Sprinkle is our sole sponsor this month and is generously providing us with both prizes! Check out the amazing images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to the page they can be found on in the SNS store...
ISABELLE HAT LADY
Now check out what my amazing design team came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the team members' name will take you to their blog where you can check out the details for their inspirational creations...
Scrappy Horses, as our guest designer for this challenge...
I am so excited to be a guest designer here at Path of Positivity ! I only recently happened upon this site, but I have truly enjoyed the posts and the creativity here. I love the idea of posting projects following such uplifting themes and it gives me an opportunity to share some stories and stretch my writing skills! In my spare time, I enjoy watching crafting videos and making scrapbooking layouts, cards, mixed medium projects, sewing, home decor, etc. My scrapping photos come from my “real life” as a mother of two grown children, therapeutic horsemanship instructor of several beautiful kids, and a nana of a lovely little girl named Lucy! I am blessed with a supportive husband of almost 30 years. I work as a freelance oboist and private instructor as well as in the therapeutic horsemanship field. I adore my family, friends, photography, horses, music, and paper! When I can combine two or more from that list, I’m ecstatic! My favs: periwinkle, bread, ice cream, coffee, flip flops, jeans, Brahms, Donny Osmond, and a day without a clock———you can fill in the categories!Check out the wonderful layout she came up with....
Thanks again for this wonderful opportunity!
My fabulous guests and amazing design team never disappoint! They each have their own unique styles and ideas. As always I am blown away by the quality of their projects! Each of these projects has showcased dedication in various forms and manners and I hope we have inspired you. Be sure to go and visit each of them so you can see how their projects connect to the theme.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive AND relates to dedication, provide an explanation of how your project and/or post relates to the theme somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment with the explanation. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back next Monday when voting will start on the Top Picks for Challenge #29.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE ON DEDICATION
If you need some motivation to get you started, I've provided a quote for you, which you can find below.
Please be sure to click on it to bring it up into the lightbox in its proper size before saving it.
Credit Notes For This Creation:
You will notice that the sentiment may appear huge depending on what software program you download it into. You can always reduce the size without distorting the overall look.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from September 7th - October 4th, 2015.
- Link up your inspirational post below using Inlinkz. You will be able to submit your link up to 11:55 p.m. on October 4th.
- When you link up, leave a comment summarizing what it is about your post that you feel is inspirational / positive / motivational and how it fits into the theme if you have not included this information somewhere within your post. You can simply add a sentence or two right next to the link for this challenge if you want.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks. Be sure to leave a comment telling us what it was that inspired you or something in general if you uncomfortable disclosing any details of your vote.
- For Challenge #30, prizes will be the following:
- $15.00 worth of digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- $15.00 worth of digital images from Sparkle N Sprinkle for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
There will also be:
- One digital designer paper made to order in a couple different ways or three existing papers from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment on on posts published during the challenge timeframe.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below: