We are just about to explore the tenth month into our year long study of colour. Every challenge in 2018 is dedicated to the theme of colour. Since colour is so important to our everyday lives, we thought this would be an interesting Path to explore. If you are new to this series or would like to refresh yourself on its details, you can find it by clicking HERE and scrolling down to the Title, "Theme Ideas for 2018".
Let's get on with the details of our newest challenge. This time around, for Challenge #63, the optional theme* is "SHADES OF GREEN". Here is what you need to know...
- ALL entries must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature.
- *Each month there will also be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Participants must follow the optional theme in order to win the prize for Most Inspirational. If you choose to follow the theme, please follow the instructions below to ensure that you are considered for this prize.
- ALL entries that abide by the general rules of the challenge, will be eligible to receive the Random Prize.
- For both prizes, you can make any sort of project you'd like (i.e., scrapbooking page, card, tag, mixed media, digital, etc.). In fact, you don't have to create a project at all. You may just have something to say that is motivational or encouraging in some way on the nature of the theme.
Optional Theme: SHADES OF GREEN
Being a combination of yellow and blue, green brings with it the mental clarity and optimism of yellow along with the emotional calm and insight of blue. These two colours pool together to create a colour that is know for bringing about feelings of hope, adventure, renewal, self-control, compassion, harmony and a generosity of spirit not available from other colours.
Green is often associated with healing. It happens to be the most restful colour for the human eye and has been known to improve vision. It also helps to alleviate anxiety, depression, and nervousness. Due to its connection with healing, we see the colour used often in health related websites, pamphlets and advertising.
Green is a colour that we see around us all the time since it is the primary colour of nature. As such, it symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. Green also has a strong emotional correspondence with safety which is why we see it in safety lights.
The color green promotes love of family, friends, pets and home. It is the colour of individuals who enjoy spending their free time in the garden, at home, or simply being a good host. This colour also relates to stability and endurance, giving us persistence and the strength to cope with adversity in our lives. Additionally, green is the colour of prosperity and abundance as it relates to finance and material wealth. It is often associated with the business world, with real estate and property.
On the negative side, the colour green can be seen as judgmental, indifferent, inconsiderate and overly cautious. It has also been associated with being selfish, greedy, possessive and materialistic, with a need to own people and things. Green sometimes is also used when referencing someone who is new at something or inexperienced. Taken to extremes, too much green can cause people to become placid, lazy, slow, moody, depressed, and lethargic. On the flip side, too little green can cause feelings of apathy and fear of rejection. Once again, it is a matter of finding the right balance when adopting this dynamic colour into your life.
This challenge, our focus is on SHADES OF GREEN. We want to see a project that is at least 51% of the overall colour scheme. Your project doesn't need to be completely monochromatic so a spattering of other colours is fine. Just be sure that if you would like a chance to win the prize for the Most Inspirational Creation, over half of the colours in your project must be made up of SHADES OF GREEN! The shades can be in the colours you choose to fill your images with, and/or they can be in your choices of papers and embellishments. Just make sure that the majority of your project focuses on the varying shades of green. We can't wait to see how you explore the theme in your designs!
If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize for Most Inspirational. While it isn't mandatory, we'd also love to find out how this month's colour makes you feel, if you'd like to share that with us. You can write a sentence or two in the body of your post, write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, or simply leave a comment on this post if you'd like.
Remember, in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You don't need to follow the optional theme if you simply want to have a chance at the Random Draw prize of a $10 gift certificate from Scribbles Designs, one of our guest sponsors this month. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win an additional sponsored prize of a $15 gift certificate from Ike's Art, the second of our guest sponsors this month, for the project chosen as Most Inspiring.
Talking about our guest sponsors...This month we have two returning sponsors! It is time to refresh ourselves with the details of these wonderful companies.
First up is Scribble Designs…
Looking for a unique image or sentiment? Well then! Head on over to Scribbles Designs and check out Sandy's world of her funky imagination and quirky characters. Sandy has loved art, drawing, water colouring and doodling for many years... and with the digital image world she can now share it with all of you. Brrr (Penguin) was her first main character and her other quirky images followed not long after. We hope you enjoy the endearing images available in the store and add Sandy's images to your digital stamp collections.
Click HERE to head to the store and HERE to check out the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. You can find the Scribbles Designs Facebook Group HERE.
Check out the fun and quirky images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to their location in the Scribble Designs store...
#869 Frosty's Christmas Trees
#0151 Silent Night Wreath
#632 Topiary 1
Next, that brings us to Ike's Art…
Hi there – I am Ike……a nickname that I got hooked with many years ago due to my surname, and in my profession at that time, …… they just loved to give nicknames ☺.Below you will see the awesome images that team members used for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on the watermarked images will take you to their proper section within the Ike's Art store...
I live in Greece and have a passion for kitties ☺
I am a complete nutter or should I say I’m ‘zany’ hahaha. I have a very strange/sick sense of humour and I must admit I spend a lot of time talking to myself. !! Well, I get more sense out of me.! I reckon in a few years I shall be known as the “crazy cat lady” ☺
I am an artist and have a strange mind when it comes to creating my art. I either go completely true to life… right down to the last hair… or I go totally surreal. I have a passion for all things horror/Gothic etc. I’ve always loved horror films and books and I guess that’s why it creeps into my stuff ! Had I been a bit younger I swear I would have been a Goth……luuuuuv it. Next time around I am gonna be a witch or a cat ☺I started my Blog 5 years ago and although I love crafting, my real passion is drawing, and now I just love making digital images.
IKEsART FaceBook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IkesArtFanPage/
Cat Lovers’ Challenge : http://showusyourpussies.blogspot.gr/
My Challenge Blog: http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
My Shop: www.ikesart.com
My Blog: http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com
We are fortunate and blessed to have the chance to work with all these awesome items for the start of this challenge. Thanks so much to our fabulous sponsors. Be sure to come back at the midway when you'll get to see more beautiful projects created with items from these wonderful companies.
Now check out what my amazing design team came up with to inspire you. Clicking on each team member's name will take you to their blog where you can check out the details for their inspirational creations…
My amazing design team never disappoints! They each have their own unique styles and ideas. As always I am blown away by the quality of their projects! Each of these projects has showcased the various 'SHADES OF GREEN' range splendidly and I hope we have inspired you. Be sure to go and visit each of them so you can see how their project further connects to the theme.
So what are you waiting for? Create a project and/or post that is positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature and join our link up. If you've opted to follow the theme of 'SHADES OF GREEN' for the chance to win the Most Inspirational prize, make sure that you add FT after your name so you can be included in the running for the prize. Remember, we'd also love to find out just how the different SHADES OF GREEN affects you, so be sure to lets us know if you can, somewhere in your post or come over and leave a comment. Easy, peasy!
If you have some time, please visit other people participating throughout the month. I've included the summary of the challenge details below. If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
I hope to see you back next week when voting will (hopefully) start on the Top Picks for Challenge #62.
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Whether you are new and need to familiarize yourself with all the details, or a returning participant and just need to refresh yourself, you can always find out everything you need to know in order to enter this challenge in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. I've provided a quick summary below. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Each Path of Positivity challenge will remain open for approx. a full month. Entries for this challenge will be accepted from November 5th to December 2nd, 2018.
- Add your inspirational project or post using the link up below. You will be able to submit your entry until 11:59 p.m. on December 2nd.
- If you have chosen to follow the optional theme, you will need to add 'FT' after you name so we know which creations to add to the draw for the sponsor's prize for Most Inspirational. While it isn't mandatory, we'd also love to find out how this month's colour makes you feel, if you'd like to share that with us. What kinds of feelings do the different SHADES OF GREEN personally evoke in you? You can write a sentence or two in the body of your post, write a sentence at the bottom of your post next to the link up for this challenge, or simply leave a comment on this post if you'd like.
- Don't forget to come back throughout the month and visit others that have participated.
- You can link up a total of three (3) creations.
- Voting for this challenge will begin once the top picks have been determined. There will be a separate post detailing those picks. You will then have the opportunity to vote on the creation or post that you have found to be the most inspirational of the chosen picks.
- For Challenge #63, prizes will be the following:
- A $15 gift certificate from Ike's Art, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- A $10 gift certificate from Scribbles Designs, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants. To be eligible for this prize, entry must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature.
- One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
If you ever have any questions be sure to EMAIL ME or just leave me a comment.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to let me know by leaving a comment on this post.
Challenge #63--Optional Theme: SHADES OF GREEN
This is the place to link up something that you have created during the month that you consider positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. You will be able to submit entries to this collection up until December 2nd at 11:59 pm. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the optional theme. Please see above for all the rules and details. If you would like to be a Guest Designer in a future challenge, please add the letters GDT after your name.
Members of the EU Please Note:
- By entering your Personal Information (i.e. name, blogpost address, email address) into any type of link up on this blog, you are giving your consent to having your name and blogpost link visible to everyone who visits this site. While we also request that you submit your email address when adding a card to any link up, this particular piece of Personal Information is kept private. It is only visible to me, Lisa Décosse, the owner of this blog or my designate (see more on how your email address is used below).
- By commenting on any post on this blog, you are also giving your consent to having your name and blogpost link visible to everyone who visits this site (unless of course, you have left a comment by remaining anonymous).
- If you are a winner or top pick in an event that you have entered, a copy of your entry information will be published in a separate winners announcement post. This entry information may include the following:
- your name and/or possibly your blog name
- the blogpost address of the card that you linked up
- a copy of the image that you originally linked up
Author Unknown. (2002). Color Wheel Pro - See Color Theory in Action. Available: http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html. Last accessed 5th Nov. 2018.
Author Unknown. (2017). The Color Green. Available: https://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-green.html. Last accessed 5th Nov. 2018.
Bourn, Jennifer. (2011). Color Meaning: Meaning of The Color Green. Available: https://www.bourncreative.com/meaning-of-the-color-green/. Last accessed 5th Nov. 2018.
Oleson, Jacob. (2017). Green Meaning – The Color Green. Available: https://www.color-meanings.com/green-color-meaning-the-color-green/. Last accessed 5th Nov. 2018.